Monday 22 July 2013

Alterna Haircare Bamboo Style Boho Waves Tousled Texture Mist

I was really excited to receive this to try and review from Glossy Box, I have used similar product to this before and have always been left slightly disappointed with either the feeling of hair afterwards or the way it ways my hair down. Its worth noting that my hair is now above shoulder length in a inverted bob and so its not as useful now as it would have been a few months ago when it was longer, but still!

I received a sample size of 0.85fl and its worth to note that this product retails £23 for 125ml so its quite a wallet buster!

Here's how the sample looked: 
Ok so down to the nitty gritty. The product is one of the best of its kind that I have tried and its safe to say I have tried around 3 of these type of "Tousle Sprays" as I love the beach wave look. 

I am not too keen on the smell of the product, it reminded me of a Bergamot shampoo I used when I was pregnant and now the smell actually turns my stomach a little bit, but once the product has been sprayed and scrunched into your hair the smell honestly does subside quite alot and so its not that bad. I sprayed quite alot of my hair over the few days I used it was the middle of a heat wave and I really did not want to blow dry and straighten my hair. 

I was very happy with the effect of the spray, it gave me pleasant waves very similar to when a perm is growing out and that's exactly the look I was after. It left my hair slightly crunchy but that's to be expected as it held all day! 

So to sum it up:

Pro's
  • Long lasting hold
  • Beach wave effect
  • Easy to use
  • Did not weigh my hair down
Con's
  • The smell was hard for me to stomach
  • THE SAMPLE SIZE WAS TOO SMALL!
  • The price of the full size is far too much
I would definitely buy this product, if it wasn't for the price. Thumbs up for the product, thumbs down for the price!

No comments:

Post a Comment